Meditation classes support presence with the now moment
We offer corporate, group or individual meditation sessions by appointment only currently. Please email us to arrange a time suitable for you and your group.
Meditation as practiced at Energy Yoga supports relaxation at levels beyond the physical. These include:
- Relaxation of mind
- Relaxation of the heart
- Relaxation of (accepting) our human experience
Our meditation tutors at Energy Yoga have a range of experiences of meditation from Vipassana as taught by S. N. Goenke -his approach derives from the Tibetan Buddhist lineage, or Swami Sivananda's teachings, which derives from the original Sanatana Dharma teachings (pre-cursor to Hinduism, literally meaning 'the eternal way'); to more modern systems such as Transcendental Meditation and Mindfulness. Come to our beautiful centre in the heart of London to experience directly how bringing awareness to the present moment begins to tap us into the deepest peace and rest that we long for.
Origins of Energy Yoga Founder, Saro Mckenna's Meditation (by appointment only)
Meditation as taught by Energy Yoga founder Saro Mckenna, is an approach she has developed following direct ignition of truth by her teacher, Aisha Salem. Aisha is an awakened being who has realised the self concurrently as space, love and matter. In so doing, Aisha has deepened beyond the fear-based contraction of the personality-mind. Prostrations, love and thanks are extended to Aisha for the gift of her direct transmission of truth, her example and her teachings.
Other influences and teachers pertaining to the meditation taught by Saro include:
- Byron Katie's enquiry method, where we intentionally examine thoughts and conclusions from contrary angles to discover directly whether they are robust or not
- Movement meditation, including in London as facilitated by Sue Rickards
- Shamanic and plant medicine work, in which the conditioning of the mind is relaxed and truth beyond that available via the habitual five senses is revealed
- Mateo Tabatabai, who transmits awakening through a love-based approach based on willingness to feel and rest in the truth
- Teal Swan
- Jac O'Keeffe
- Ananta Kranti
- John de Ruiter